Goats/WHITE STUFF IN MOHAIR

Question
I just got some angora goat fleece and when I put it in water to soak, I can now see that is is full of white stuff (dandruff?) it will not wash out, Is there any way to get it out or is the fleece a total lose?? Thank you.

Answer
This sounds like dandruff/dry skin leftovers.  With that said I do not have experience in fleece - I can only offer to look on the internet for "washing fleece" or there may also be some "sheep" groups on the internet where you can ask questions.  Hope this helps - sorry I could not be more helpful - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres