Goats/Banding/Clamping

Question
Hello,

I have recently clamped my young Nubian goat (about 8 months old). His scrotum has shrunk and all that is left is a small sac a little larger than a golf ball. I prefer the banding method at a young age because I don't like seeing anything back there, however, he was too old when I got him to band because of the size of his scrotum. So my question is this, would it be possible now to band what is left to get rid of the rest?

Thanks!

Answer
Hello!

Well it really depends on if you can feel the spermatic cords leading to the testes.
If not, i would not recommend trying to band him because you could instead only band whats left(the testicles) thus cutting the testicles in half. While he wouldnt feel this, it would be nasty.

reach down there and feel the base of the scrotum and see if you can feel the cords. place your thumb and first finger on either side of his scrotum and roll them around. they may be hard to feel if they are shrived up to much.

Hope this helps!

-Emily

Goats

Emily