Goats/blood in urine of recently castrated young buckling

Question
I have a 9 week old wether that was castrated two days ago. He obviously wasn't feeling well this am so I gave him Nuflor and Banamine. He is a little improved this evening but like I expected. This evening I noticed blood in his urine.He is not spunky but still moving around,ate grain and hay and some grass outside. To the best of my knowledge this is a new one on me so I am wondering if he could have the blood in his urine from castration? He is not bloated.

Answer
HI Jane;

I would call the vet tomorrow.. sounds like his urethra was cut off some or damaged in someway - I never  promote early castrating.. I wait till the boys are around 6 months old.. or 50lbs which ever comes first.. but never under 3 months old..  the urethra needs to develop. early castration even without injury can lead to Urinary Calculi issues later as the urethra does not have a chance to develop as well as  when they are not castrated early (hormones)  Read this:
http://goat-link.com/content/view/20/87/ it is my article on banding method of castration with photos. ALso  tetanus anti toxin is always used when castrating or disbudding..  (I know this does not apply here but for future reference) Call the vet have him looked at.

goatlady
Goat-Link.com  

Goats

Goatlady