Goats/goat with knee pain

Question
My ten year old pygmy female goat is having pain in her right front knee. My vet says it is arthritis and has me giving her a regular aspirin every day. This does not seem to be helping. Can I give her one in the am and one in the pm?

Answer
HI Susie,
Aspirin also thins the blood which is probably why he said one a day -  Maybe try  one am one pm every other day ?  ALSO they make many different horse lineaments for sore joints and muscles -most feed store carry them. go look and read the labels,  (keep in mind not much is actually Approved for goats which is mos t of what we use on our goats  off-label) Get something  to use that you rub in for joints..  In addition you can try using  daily dosing of glucosamine chondroitin msm (for arthritis) seems to work well  on horses and  gives some relief to goats - also daily massage/exercise helps. I have used it with some success - I used the human dosing  according to weight.. and checked with my vet for the ok in doing so..

goatlady
Goat-Link.com

Goats

Goatlady