Goats/LaMancha 3 year old

I've read the answers to some of the other "swollen knee" questions, but they seem to be for very young goats. Our LaMancha is over 3 years old and has recently (within the last 4-5 months) shown swollen knees. It didn't seem to bother her at first, but now she doesn't even want to get up. She still eats and we see her play at times, but mostly lays in her pen. Should we try the aspirin treatment? Would she be contagious to our other goat? Anything we can do to help her? Exercise her more?
Thanks, Beth

Has she been tested for CAE? Unfortunately anytime after 2 or 3 years of age if goats are positive for CAE then that is when they will start to show the signs of the inflamed/swollen knees. If she tested negative it is possible she has a joint infection, but that generally will involve all the joints of the all the legs.  Is she running a fever?  Anything over 102.5 is a fever and could indicate an infection.  You can certainly use aspirin, one 325 mg human aspirin per 100 pounds body weight crushed and dissolved in a little hot water, cooled and given orally every 4 to 6 hours. Let me know about the above questions - thanks - Donna  

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County