Goats/weak kid

Question
Hi Donna , computer has been down and have had to take care of a very weak 12 weak old doeling . She was given to me , along with 2 others , 2 of which were very run down . She is not anemic , but I wormed anyways , the other was anemic but after worming has bounced back and is doing fine . The basically starved kid had a severe case of diarrhea , and have been able to calm that down , I have her on vitamins , and the bio sponge has helped tremendously in settling down her tummy . I have her on milk now as its the only thing she will take pretty much . Fearing red river bacteria I have started antibiotics . She is really weak though finding it hard to stand . She was up and walking around when I first brought her home , but the diarrhea really took its toll on her . Don't know if theres any more I can do for her perhaps you can help .
      Re. the kids I have left with the liverfluke , you were bang on with the red river bacteria and penicillin has reversed their decline and now seem to be growing again , thanks .

Answer
Hi there - sounds like you are doing everything for the weak doeling - I might also add selenium with vitamin E and D as this could be partially selenium deficiency which can occur in starving animals.  

So glad the penicillin is working for the others - I had only heard of the red river bacteria so did research on it - yup, I am always learning too!  

So glad the biosponge is helping - sweet!   Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres