Goats/weak kid

Hi Donna , appears the diarrhea has stopped for now , but she is still not strong enough to fully stand . I gave her 1cc of selineum and need to know do I repeat that or is this a one time deal ? I have seen this a few times before and it didn't turn out well , but and I do mean but , the bio -sponge I believe has turned the ties on this . Normally a kid this bad would have died a few days ago , not moving around and such . I believe the bio has stopped toxins from building up , the bloat causing kind from the milk . She is eating a bit more hay as long as it's the weeds that I have dried , in fact all the kids are hooked on this hay and weed combo , can't get them to touch the nice horse hay I have now . I hand mowed with a sythe 2 acres and stored it loose in my mow for winter . Thanks

Would give her iron for energy.  Re the selenium did you add the D and E with it?  Also re the selenium for kid goats I give it once then again the second day and possibly a third day. If you can get some high fat product down her that might also help - milk replacers are high in fat along with yogurts too.  Are they up to date on their CDT toxoid? I have found the biosponge to be my best first aid content.  Glad she is at least eating some roughage.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County