Goats/Nutrition - treats

I have 5 adults. 3 Nigerian dwarfs and two Pygmy.
Someone told me pumpkins are a great treat for goats.
Is that true? If so, can they have all of the pumpkin?
Any part not good?

Hi Rick,

Absoutly! After Halloween I let children visit my farm with their pumpkins and gourds to feed my goats.
They can eat any part of the pumpkin. Some of my Nigerians don't care for the guts of the pumpkin though. If your goats are the same  just scrape it out. The meat of the pumpkin is their favorite in my experience.

I can answer anything relating to goat health. From medications, dosages, what medication you can give to pregnant does, what meds you can give for Urinary Calculi, I can help with birthing complications, preparations,and after the birthing. Goat diet, such as percent protein needed for different age groups. foraging questions, best hay for them and different types of hay. hoof trimming, milking and basic dairying. bottle raising kids, disbudding kids, wethering males. the only questions I can not answer are the ones about serious injury as i am not a vet, nor am I able to asses the situation with out seeing the animals.

I have raised dairy and meat goats for most of my life. Degree in biology and dairy sciences. I have birthed hundreds of goats, milked goats for ages, made products from the milk. disbudded several kids of all sizes.

American Dairy Goats Association, American goat Society, Nigerian Dwarf goats Association Georgia Boer Goat Association

Degree in Biology, Minor in Diary science

Superior genetics (goats)

Friends and family