Goats/Baby male goat urinary problem

Question
We have a male boar goat that was born yesterday and has a transparent like sack behind his penis that holds urine. The urine is extracted in a thin stream when squeezed. I can't tell if his testicles are dropped or if this is part of them or what.  Have you experienced anything like this?

Answer
Hi there - this could be a defect in the urethra.  It could have been caused from a birth injury.  Did the kid come out in an other than normal way, or was it breach and did you have to pull hard for it?  Was this a multiple birth and if so how many other siblings did he have?  I have seen anal sacs and umbilical sacs/hernia like projections and many times these have closed up by themselves.  It sounds like this is too far forward to be testicular, along with having "urine"/liquid in the sac.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres