Goats/Baby male goat urinary problem

We have a male boar goat that was born yesterday and has a transparent like sack behind his penis that holds urine. The urine is extracted in a thin stream when squeezed. I can't tell if his testicles are dropped or if this is part of them or what.  Have you experienced anything like this?

Hi there - this could be a defect in the urethra.  It could have been caused from a birth injury.  Did the kid come out in an other than normal way, or was it breach and did you have to pull hard for it?  Was this a multiple birth and if so how many other siblings did he have?  I have seen anal sacs and umbilical sacs/hernia like projections and many times these have closed up by themselves.  It sounds like this is too far forward to be testicular, along with having "urine"/liquid in the sac.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County