We have a goat who has already given birth to
One this morning, she is pawing at the ground
Belly keeps tightening and she keeps straightening
Out her tail and she still had stuff hanging. How long
After the first one is born will the other be born
If there is another.

Is this her first kidding? Can you feel another kid inside of her on either side? To answer your question, the second kid should come within 30 minutes, after that it usually indicates there is an issue with the kidding.  Has she passed her placenta yet? Sometimes the muscle tightening and pawing just indicate she is pushing out the placenta.  If you don't see a kid by the time you get this message - and sorry for the delay - I would wash up and go inside to check for remaining kids.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County