Goats/goat with blood

I have another pygmy doe that is abt 4 ys old and in very good health. Noticed this morning that she had bloos on her tail. I did see some in the snow like it was during urination. I watched her poop and it is pellets but she poops a few then moves and poops a few more. Not sure if it is hurting on just the way she decided to poop!  Her back side looks normal but her vulva opening does look a little pink and a little larger. She may be prego but not certain due to my billy injuring his hind leg over the summer and unable to mount very well. she has been in w/ the doe I wrote to you abt yesterday who i am thinking is anemic.  What do i do

Is this bright red blood or darker blood?  If the doe is pregnant this could be the start of a miscarriage.  The other possibility is that she has a urinary tract infection.  Are her pelvic ligaments intact? Had she been in with the buck for a long period of time? You could start her on vitamin K (again human type) tablets - crush and dissolve in a little hot water - this would be an adult human dose given twice a day for 3 days - vitamin K helps with clotting.  Bright red blood could indicate a possible miscarriage or a urinary tract infection.  Darker blood would indicate she possibly has an intrauterine infection.  You could cover her for possible infections by starting her on oral antibiotics - same dosing as the other doe is on.  Let me know about the questions - thanks much - Donna  

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County