Goats/goat lumps

my goat has a white lump behind both her front legs. she doesn't seem to know it is there until I touch it. It isn't very large. Should I be worried? What do you think it is? Do I need to call a vet?

Is the skin or the hair white? It is in the loose skin behind the front legs?  Have you given subcu vaccinations there? Is it hard or can you squeeze it or roll it? Is the goat otherwise eating and drinking well?  No other lumps or bumps anywhere else on the goat.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County