Goats/update on doe bleeding

Another update this morning for you on the doe that was bleeding yesterday. She was and did abort thru the night, I found the fetus this morning. I went ahead and gave her the antibiotics and wondered if I should continue that, Also is there any chance of her still carrying one? She only has a single last yr but I could keep hoping right!   I have noticed a lot of head bur=tting going on in my herd this yr and am concerned that this is the big couse of problems!!!

Thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear but good to know what was going on.  Yes, I would continue with antibiotics for 5 more days to be sure we cover her for a possible uterine infection.  Most often when they abort a fetus all other fetuses are aborted too or soon to be aborted.  Re the head butting, it is always a possibility that a head butt to the exact area can cause a miscarriage.  Would keep an eye out on the doe to be sure she continues to eat and drink well.  Thanks for keeping me posted - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County