Goats/wether with diarrhea

Question
QUESTION: I have a wether that has had diarrhea for 2 days now. So i picked up some duramycin-10 but can not find a dosage for it. I would like to put it in a drench to make sure my pregnant doe dose not get any.
how do i figure out how much to give per pound?

Thank You Very Much!

ANSWER: How old is the wether? What color is the diarrhea? If the diarrhea is brown, then it is either digestive upset or a bacterial infection (other colors indicate different reasons), and Duramycin is a good choice if this is a bacterial diarrhea - use of 1 teaspoon per 75 pounds body weight twice a day for 7 days - mix in with pepto bismol given orally (which helps the diarrhea - 1/2 cup per 75 pounds body weight - also given twice a day).  While on the antibiotics the goat also needs to be on probiotics.  Would also be sure the goat stays hydrated.  Is he eating and drinking okay?  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

QUESTION: Thank you Donna,
He is about 8 months and about 67 pounds. The diarrhea is brown and there was some white mucous looking stuff last night.
He is acting normal running and jumping around ready and willing to eat.
I have not seen him drink but i saw him pee and it also looked normal.
Monday night we added a extra flake of orchard grass and the next morning is when I noticed the diarrhea i didn't treat right away because i thought that may have been the cause.

Answer
Thanks for the info.  Sounds like it is just digestive upset which you can treat with pepto bismol and probiotics.  You are more than welcome to use the oral antibiotics just in case.  Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days for digestive upset diarrhea to subside and sometimes it needs extra help.  Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres