Goats/contact crying

One of my female goats (only have 2 dwarf sisters0 is constantly screaming and crying today.  Has been feed, watered and given soda cracker treats.  Looks healthy, walking, wagging tail.
Just put out Bermuda grass for them on Saturday (2 days ago) bought from a reputable feed and grain farm store.  Hopefully, this hay is not the problem.

Usually (because they are spoiled)  cry when they see us, drive up in driveway, etc. but always stop.

Thank you for your help

I would bet that she is in heat. The tail wagging is called flagging. Some of them need a buck around to get worked up, but others don't. It should go away in a day or two. If you want to breed her, write the date on your calendar and be ready to take her to a buck in 3 weeks.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law