we have this 5 to 6 months doeling, that have a lump on the left side where her jaw and throat meets and this happened over night, her eye lid color is dark pink so i ruled out bottle jaw and it doesnt seem like a CL to me because it doesnt feel like an abscess, its just swollen and its soft. she is eating fine running around active and just like i said it happend over night. i dont know what is it or what can i do. thank you and GOD Bless

Most lumps are either an abscess, either infected or CL, or a cyst.  Overnight development usually indicates an abscess.  How large is the lump? A beginning abscess can easily be soft/swollen at the beginning.  Something could have stuck her in the area - either a stick, or sticker, or something else creating the abscess or a reaction creating a cyst.  The area is an area where CL abscesses form.  Would watch to see if it becomes tighter/more tense, and if so then would need to open it.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County