Goats/goat ate glove

QUESTION: I did not receive a question receipt e-mail so I assume the question was not received.
 My one year old (bred) doe ate a latex (or nitrile) exam glove. Is this an emergency or a wait and see type thing. Anything I need to do, or can do to help.

ANSWER: Just resent original that I sent a bit ago.  Sorry you did not recieve it.  Donna

QUESTION: Crap! No did not receive anything but this that says you sent an answer but I did not get it. Thank you

How old is the goat? If it is a kid there may be a complication.  If it is a 1 year or older goat the glove should come through either in pieces or a whole piece without issues.  You might want to give some mineral oil to help move things along a little faster.  1/2 cup per 75 pounds of body weight given as an oral drench now and again in 2 hours.  It may take a few days for the glove to go through.  Hope this helps - Donna

This was the answer I sent to your first post.  So, it is a one year old doe, the mineral oil would not hurt her.  This is human mineral oil you can get a most grocery or drug stores.  Hope this helps - let me know - call me too if you need to at 360-742-8310.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County