Goats/my goat's tit got infected by an unsterilized needle

Question
hello,

one day as i was milking the goats i noticed one of my goat's tits is cloged and it was very difficult to milk her. so i searched the internet for tips and read that you need to insert a needle and open it.
so i did that a couple of times for a couple of days using the same needle. and about 4 days ago her clogged tit got swollen and started changing its color to purple. her tit system got very stiff i have tried to milk her to get all the dirt that came out of it but its difficult and everyday that passes by it gets fuller and tougher. i have been giving her antibiotics for the past 4 days made her drink some apple vinegar mixed with water massaged her tits with olive oil and i keep trying to milk her for cleaning purposes... the substance that comes out of her is like water mixed with blood and the other tit is milking regular milk but its also very stiff afcourse i throw the milk away.
she stands and walk she eats too but u can tell she is tired. to today the vet finally freed up to come down and said that she is going to die and there is nothing we can do about it cause the infection already spread... i simply am feeling very guilty about that because i did that to her unintentionally but still it was my fault and i'm searching for way to help her and treat her right.
any info or tips will be very welcomed. i'd love to hear from u as soon as u can please.

thank you,

suzanne

Answer
To start with never, ever stick a needle into a teat - don't know where that site is on the internet but that person is totally wrong.

With that said, this certainly sounds like a very bad infection.  The good thing about the udder is that the sides are separate, so the other side should not become infected.

What antibiotic are you giving, are you giving it intramuscularly, what dose are you using?

Would have recommended starting on penicillin at 3 cc/100 pounds body weight given intramuscularly in the rear thigh muscles twice a day for 7 days.  Would give a double dose to start with for first injection.  During antibiotics they also need to be on probiotics to keep their rumen working well.  

Let me know about my questions.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres