Goats/Pygmy goat kidding

Question
Doe went into labor this morning, came back from church and she still had no babies.  I felt and saw feet coming out, felt for nose and it was not there, the head was back.  finally got the baby pulled was not alive.  Will she be able to have the other and or will it be alive?

Answer
I generally give only 20 minutes of hard pushing before helping.  Breech kids, which is what this sounds like, often prolongs kidding.  If you feel she has another kid inside I would wash up and go in and get the baby out.  When you pull out also pull down as the kid comes out. It could still be alive.  Let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres