Goats/Death of a goat

Question
I had 2 mix breed goats for 13 years.  One just died and the other has become very aggressive. They were pets, the one that is left is running butting her head and crying.  Both were females.  What do I do?

Answer
HI Lani,
Forgive my tardiness answering you, the storms knocked out my power.
I am So very sorry for your loss.. that is the only thing I hate about raising goats- losing them..  She sounds like she is in terrific mourning - I have had them do this and  go the other way by staying all alone and grieving. She is probably too old to have kids, or I would suggest allowing her to be pregnant -  but at 13 you take a risk of losing her due to  the stress it puts on the body - if it has only been these 2 all these years, I don't know if another  goat buddy would help or irritate her. I think I would opt for trying a new goat -  one goat alone is awfully lonely.. on a good day let alone one who has just lost their best friend.
You might ask your vet for some sort of anti-depression medication for her..  I'm sure they must have something.  I honestly  do not know what I  would do in this instance.  The last resort  if she continues and it is a heartbreaking one,  but  putting her to sleep as a very last resort..  she cannot go through what life she has left so sad she is hurting herself. I wish I had a better answer for you..  You could try making her a house goat - like you would  a dog..  you take her buddies place..  goats house train pretty easy..  (for peeing not for pooping) - let her sleep with you  and be in the house watching tv and such.. this is a tough one.. I think trying another goat.. maybe..
Let me know how she does.. I'm so very sorry.  

Goats

Goatlady