Goats/goat cant stand and has soft poop

Question
my 1month old goat suddenly cant stand and i tired to prepare a water mix with sugar and salt. and he started drinking but then his poop is soft not really very wet. he is crying. what should i do now?i dnt want him to die!

Answer
Whata color is the diarrhea? If it is yellow it is enterotoxemia.  If white it is E. coli.  If it is green it is coccidiosis.  What is his temperature? Is he being bottle raised? Did his mom have a CDT toxoid vaccination prior to kidding?  Let me know - give me a call at 360-742-8310 and we can discuss more or e-mail is fine (I'm heading to the barn to feed the farm so will be out of internet range for about 1 hour).  Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres