Goats/goat cant stand and has soft poop

my 1month old goat suddenly cant stand and i tired to prepare a water mix with sugar and salt. and he started drinking but then his poop is soft not really very wet. he is crying. what should i do now?i dnt want him to die!

Whata color is the diarrhea? If it is yellow it is enterotoxemia.  If white it is E. coli.  If it is green it is coccidiosis.  What is his temperature? Is he being bottle raised? Did his mom have a CDT toxoid vaccination prior to kidding?  Let me know - give me a call at 360-742-8310 and we can discuss more or e-mail is fine (I'm heading to the barn to feed the farm so will be out of internet range for about 1 hour).  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County