Goats/mucus in stool

I have a mamma goat who gave birth 3days ago and now she is showing some brown mucus in the stool. what is it and what do I do?

Is she eating and drinking well? Is she pooping and peeing well? Is the poop regular pellets?

To answer your question about mucous in the stool, it usually indicates digestive issues/upsets.  This can be caused by worms, bacterial infection, or just a digestive upset.  

Hope this helps - Donna  

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County