Goats/Re: Henry & Henrietta

Question
Hi Donna,
How are u! Just wanting to see how u & the goats are doing.... I got to tell u that i have 2 different babies they adopted us um no there not goats lol! They are 1 rooster & 1 hen.. I am now buying chicken scratch food for them. & No i really didn't want them but after seeing them interact with one another & their cute personalities not to mention they are not high maintenance pretty much independent on their own. I decided to take responsibility for them.. Do u know anything about them?. They are all strays but knowing the kind of person i am such an animal lover i couldn't see them going anywhere else & getting hurt. But u know basically they just hang around our yard & they don't go anywhere else. Their personality is so funny i notice when its bedtime for both of them Henry the boy rooster flies up on the tree while the girl Henrietta hops on the fence & when he's up on the tree he cuckoo do lo do & looks for her until she hops the tree to be with him & this happens 5:45 p.m. everyday sharp & when he's around her he dances for her i mean so so cute. Anyway just wanted to check in & see how u all are doing hope alls well & i'll talk with u again!

Love,
Me & Migi

Answer
So good to hear from you.  You are right about chickens not being high maintenance.  Not much you have to do for them.  Especially those on the islands are fairly self sufficient.  But with that said, they do know when there is a good home for them.  Glad they are the smart type to get up in the trees at night.  You're also right about chickens having their own characters too.  They sound so cute.  We used to raise chickens and pheasants but have not for a few years.  We're fine here - had our first kid goat born 2 days ago and another 2 kids born yesterday - of course they're in the house currently - in the low 30s around here so fairly cold at night.  

So happy you keep in touch.  Take care.  Love to you and Migi - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres