Goats/very sick goat kid

i have a very sick goat  2 mo. old he will not stand up just lays down. any advice

HI Bert
I need MUCH more information before I can even begin to be able to  figure out what may be wrong.
I need to know, his rectal temperature,  what he eats for solid food and how often and  if he still nurses his mom or gets a bottle, if he gets a bottle how often,  and what is in the bottle, milk or milk replacers of some sort,  what situation he is in for sleeping (alone or with other goats). What other symptoms is he showing? How long has he been ill? IS he pooping properly or does he have hard and dry or soft and loose stool?  

Get back to me with  as many details as you can so I can see If I can begin to help you figure out what could be wrong.  

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University