Goats/Whitedischargefromnose

Question
4yr old pregnant doe has white discharge from nose one time.Has been coughing periodically.T-101.3 this am.Eyelids pale appearing.Good appetite,seems normal.What can I do for her or do i need to just watch her? Have a total of 9 goats in the barn.I know this weather has been crazy her,may just be allergies?

Answer
HI Anne,

Wormload can give goats a snotty nose and cough - the white discharge with a normal  rectal temp  is most likely not pneumonia- although I would keep an eye on the rectal temp just in case as temps can vary through the day - are the goats locked up in the barn? is there proper ventilation in there? If she is pregnant  and has light  inner eyelid color, I would definitely deworm her - with a pregnant doe  it is safe to inject Ivomec PLUS  - her body is stressed  with the  fetuses, having a wormload on top of this can be detrimental. Do NOT use Valbazen  on a pregnant doe. Here is my article on deworming and has the schedule too. http://goat-link.com/content/view/58/46/
It could be allergy - yes the weather is crazy - but the pale eyelids  worry me most. Check everyone's eyelid color - I think I would go ahead and get everyone dewormed at one time.
ALSO make sure your barn has proper ventilation as the fumes from them peeing on the bedding  combined with being closed in can be an issue.  

Goats

Goatlady