Goats/3 month old glazed eyed head bobbing

Im going to have the Vet come out. He wasn't too hot on the idea of the Dex to reduce swelling. I will keep up the shots of pen and B-comp. Hope I get this figured out and I Thank You for your time and thoughts. Im hard headed so that might help getting this cured. I thought it was polio, but if it were it should be taken care of by 4 days, I would have thought.

Hi Rick,
Yeah the vets aren't too hot on using it  much .. it IS a corticosteroid, but in some cases.. it is the best  thing.. I'm thinking had it been polio it would be over by now as well.. doesn't really sound like listeriosis now but  the choices are being limited with the symptoms,, which is why I am thinking possibly neck injury - maybe  a knock  on the head causing a swelling in the brain.. ??  Best to have the vet actually look at her.. I mean other than running tests  they  also  use the principle of deduction to figure things out. but he will be actually able to see and examine her..  I'd be interested in knowing what he sees upon examination. Please keep me posted - the only other thing I can think of would be meningeal worm but she's pretty young for that I would think. It takes some time for the worms to break the blood brain barrier to  produce these type symptoms. Hang in there. Let me know what the vet says please.  

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University