Goats/Baby goat just splays legs out

I bought a bottle baby boer goat....first night...second mistake.  The baby looks healthy, is quite large, but when it stands the legs won't hold her up and they eventually all splay out to the side.  I have read so many articles my head is screaming.  Do you have any advice?  Thanks!

How old is this goat? My initial thought is white muscle disease. The treatment is vitamin E and selenium, or BoSe, which is a vet prescription. If it is not too late and no heart muscle damage was caused, one treatment can cure it. If you have a vet, call and ask for a dose. Here is a good article:

Other advice is to get your money back before you invest too much in this animal. The cause was inadequate feeding of the mother, so other nutritional problems may be lurking.

Good luck!

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law