Goats/Re: Henry & Henrietta

Good Evening Donna,
Crying right now b/c Henry my pet rooster got attacked by my neighbors dog & the dogs owner rushed in to rescue Henry he seems to walk & crow but like i told u every 6:00 p.m Henry & Henrietta always flies up in the tree but b/c my neighbor got a rooster the rooster started crowing & so Henry jumped the fence & was going over there to investigate or fight & their dog chased Henry & pinned him & had him in his mouth but my neighbor hit the dog & Henry flew over to my other neighbors yard & finally ended up back in our yard. I don't know how injured he (Henry) is but he seems to be & walking & crowing but when he tried to fly up to the tree he couldn't fly & when he tried he just flew back down. He tried several times only to end up on the ground. I think his wings in hurt. But since their wild birds i can't catch them to see whats really wrong. I don't know if his legs is injured but he seems to be walking okay. Do u think he will heal in time? Or will he die.. The girl bird is up on the tree but Henry can't fly.. Oh my i don't know what to do. My nephew says he will build a chicken coop. I hope Henry can be saved & get well enough to get better on his own. I think right now he is in shock & is currently residing under our house since he can't fly... Anything advice will be greatly appreciated! Love u Donna!

Me & Migi & the Birds

Sorry to hear. He could have a broken wing and/or internal injuries.  He could also only be in shock.  Making sure he has some food and water available to him could help.  It totally depends how badly the dog injured him as to if he will survive or not.  Hope is doing better this a.m.  Would be great if you could have a place to keep the two together out of harms way, but totally understand they are truly wild.  Otherwise hope all is well with you and yours - love to you, Migi and the birds.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County