Goats/goat with diarrhea

I got a new goat about 2 weeks ago. She was fine.  Now for the past few days she has diarrhea bad. I gave probotic. 2 days ago. No change. She's still eating. I know the food change did sonething. She came from a sometimes fed hay by got feed human food alot. I have a lot more grass and leaves for her and hay always available.  Worming and shots are to be done sat on my herd. What can I give her now to help her. She is about 8 years old maybe older.

Sounds like this is just digestive upset, especially if the diarrhea is a brown color.  If not brown, let me know for a different remedy.  Feed changes can certainly bring on diarrhea so would start her on peptobismol (people type is fine/and is cheaper than the gallon you buy at the feed store) at 1/2 cup per 75 pounds body weight given as an oral drench every four hours for three doses, then wait a day and see if this helps.  If she were not eating and otherwise looking okay except for the diarrhea this could be a bacterial diarrhea.  Let me know how the pepto works.  Would keep giving probiotics - gel, powder or yogurt all work well.  What do you use to worm your goats?  Some wormers are more intense and I would not give her these while she is getting used to the new feed regimen.  If the vaccination is a CDT toxoid that is okay to give.  Hope that helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County