Goats/Goat sticking head thru fence constantly

I have a 5 month old male boer goat.  He keeps sticking his head thru the fence getting his horns caught and then he is stuck. I'm afraid we won't be here or won't catch it and he will die. Do they make a devise to go around their neck to keep them from getting stuck?

Thank you, Kimberly Molina

No device is made that I know of.  You can use a piece of PVC piping that fits from horn to horn and then you duct tape it on - you place it so that he cannot get his head through the fence.  This usually works very well.  The other fix is that you have hot wire chest height of most of the goats on the inside of their fencing and this usually makes them stay away from the fencing.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County