Goats/nubian goat kid with swollen knee

Question
I have a male Nubian kid that is almost a year old. he broke his left leg back in January. he got out of his cast about a week and a half ago, and we still have it wrapped with and ace while the tendon heals. About two days ago his right front knee started to swell and he is limping a bit. He can put weight on it and is walking around, eating and being himself,  he has been spending a lot of time laying down but that has been common since the break of his other leg. The swollen spot is sore to the touch. No change in appetite or curiosity. Please advise.

Answer
I wonder whether it is stressed due to overusing that leg. Unless you have been giving banamine or other anti inflammatory for the broken leg, I would consider giving him that to help his knee. He also could have injured it somehow. Also, because you probably paid a fair amount to the vet to cast the leg and he is already a patient, I would think you could get a telephone consultation and suggestions.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith