Goats/Re: Iggy

Question
Good Evening Donna,
My sisters goat iggy just gave birth today at about 2:00 p.m (hawaii) time she just gave birth to only 1 baby i don't know the sex of the kid but according to my sister its black & brown is there any special food that iggy needs to have & will she have enough milk to supply for the kid?. The male goat is in a separate pen. How do we know if the kid is getting enough milk. Thanks Donna hope to hear from u soon!.

Luv,
Me & Migi & the birds
& by the way Henry is doing great he can now roost w/Henrietta. Thanks Donna for all the helpful info u provided to me.

Answer
Sorry for the delay in answer but I have not been receiving the questions in a timely manner - an allexpert.com issue.  Hoping the kid goat is doing well and received mom's colostrum for 2 days.  Seeing the kid with a fat tummy at least 3 times a day would indicate it is getting milk from the mom.  Re for the mom, she would need a higher protein grain than normal - should be 16 to 18% for a few weeks.  Hope that helps - let me know - love to all - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres