Goats/9 week old girl dwarf Nigerian having pee problems

My 9 week old dwarf Nigerian just started showing symptoms of difficulty peeing and it is copper in color. Her sister same age, same litter is doing fine from what I can tell. I currently have them on grain a little oats and fresh daily water as well as grass hay. Neither have taken to any milk replacer and were  no longer taking from the teet when we got them. Recently I introduced them to some native brier ( blackberry) but not a whole lot. In the beginning, last 3 1/2 weeks I had pine shaving for bedding now it is simply grass hay. I called the vet, said electrolytes, and plenty of water. I have a local grange with antibiotics if I need to buy them. Please advise me on my little baby. Thank you kindly for your time and help.

Sounds like a urinary tract infection.  Would start on oral antibiotics - what do you have available to you?  Sulfa or terramycin, or duramycin, etc. work well and are available at most feed stores.  These are powdered and you would use 1/4 teaspoon mixed in a little apple juice and given orally twice a day for 10 days.  Would also give probiotics during this time.  Yogurt works well, 1/2 teaspoon mixed with a little water and orally drenched once a day.  Would also give one 81 mg human aspirin tablet crushed in a little hot water, cooled and given orally every 6 hours for inflammation.  Is she otherwise eating and dinking water well?  I would be sure to keep her orally drenched with electrolytes too.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County