Goats/Goat Loosing Weight

Hi Donna
I have a 7 year old nubien and he has recently been loosing weight I can see his bones in his back. He continues to eat drink pee and poop all normal. Is this normal for his age or should I bee looking out for something else.
Thank you

7 years old is not old so that should not be the issue.  What feed regimen do you have him on? How much feed is he eating?  Does he have to compete with other goats for his food?  What color are the lower inner eyelids? When was he last wormed? Any other symptoms?

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County