in one of my meadows the goats graze in has two big logs.
because of all the rain there are rubbery algae like things growing on the logs. they like to eat it.
is this a problem?

Sorry for the delay in answering.  I was trying to research this on the internet and with my local extension office.  Consensus is that we would advise checking with your local extension office to see if they have a list of poisonous fungi and other mushrooms in your area.  I generally tell people to not let livestock eat any fungi or mushrooms.  With that said, some goats get used to eating things that are not good for them, especially when eaten in small amounts and over a long time, as their system gets used to that.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County