Goats/Response after deworming

How long after an "effective" deworming can one expect to see previously loose stools firm up.
My questions assumes that:

1) there are no other underlying issues.
2) the wormer is effective as labeled.
3) the goat is otherwise healthy aside from a worm load heavy enough to loosen stools.

I would expect a change within a day or so. I don't think there is a set period of time, because there can be other factors, such as damage to the gut lining caused by the heavy parasite load. With a particularly heavy worm load, some veterinarians recommend repeating the deworming for three days, or 10 days later to make sure all the eggs are killed. Did you do a fecal, so you know that it is a heavy worm load? Other things can cause diarrhea. I usually treat the symptoms, too, by giving kaolin pectin. Another factor to consider may be that the parasites are resistant to the particular dewormer that is used.  

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law