1. From the majority of people's point of view, which animal has the more delicious milk? Sheep or goat?

2. From these two animals, which animal produces more milk?

3. Which animal is easier to take care for?

Hello, Jem.

1. I think most people prefer goat milk to sheep milk, considering that more people drink it. I have not tried sheep milk, other than as feta cheese.

2. Goats that are raised for milking have more milk than sheep. Although there are dairy sheep, there are more dairy goats. More sheep are raised for meat or fiber.

3. Goats eat more things and need a more varied diet. They are also easier on the environment because they do not pull grass out by the roots like sheep do. They prefer small shrubs and woody plants. Goats are more curious and more likely to escape from their confinement than sheep. But they are also smarter. I think it depends on your needs and situation which is easier. I prefer goats because of their personalities.

I hope that This was helpful, if not directly answering your questions.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law