Goats/Nutrition

Question
Hi Donna , how have you been so far this beautiful spring ? A question about nutrition , FODDER , grown from barley . Would this be enough to meet my goats feed requirements at 2 lb a day ? Grows so easy and saves a fortune in , grain and the girls love it . As for my animals everyone is doing great this spring , had a threadworm infestation but all seems good now . Only lost one kid to overeating disease , out of 21 born here . All your help in teaching me has paid off big time and have been able to help other's with simular problems . Thanks .

Answer
So nice to hear from you and so happy all is well - nice job!  

Re fodder, that is excellent feed for goats.  You can use the nutrition calculation of 3 to 5% of the goat's body weight for food needs a day.  And the fodder should provide everything they need at this rate.  I'm working on starting up hydroponic fodder growing as I really like the ease of it and the nutrition it provides.  

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres