Hi Donna , how have you been so far this beautiful spring ? A question about nutrition , FODDER , grown from barley . Would this be enough to meet my goats feed requirements at 2 lb a day ? Grows so easy and saves a fortune in , grain and the girls love it . As for my animals everyone is doing great this spring , had a threadworm infestation but all seems good now . Only lost one kid to overeating disease , out of 21 born here . All your help in teaching me has paid off big time and have been able to help other's with simular problems . Thanks .

So nice to hear from you and so happy all is well - nice job!  

Re fodder, that is excellent feed for goats.  You can use the nutrition calculation of 3 to 5% of the goat's body weight for food needs a day.  And the fodder should provide everything they need at this rate.  I'm working on starting up hydroponic fodder growing as I really like the ease of it and the nutrition it provides.  

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County