Goats/lifeless little goat

Please help!
We are bottle feeding a 5 week old baby pygmy male.  Yesterday he was fine.  We got up this morning and he could walk.  He kept getting weaker.  He looks dead in my hand but is breathing .  What can I do?  I don't want him to die.

What is his temperature? If over 102.5 that is a fever/infection and could cause this.  Was he peeing and pooping well before? It is most likely he has a pneumonia along with selenium deficiency. Would start immediately on injectable penicillin (at the feed/farm store over the counter) using a 22 gauge 1/2 to 3/4 inch length needle giving 1 cc now in the thigh muscle and repeat tonight.  Give 1/2 cc intramuscularly (thigh muscle) for next 3 days twice a day.  Also give aspirin if the temp is over 102.5 - one quarter of a 325 mg human aspirin crushed and dissolved in a little hot water, cooled and given orally every 4 hours for 3 doses.  Would also give electrolytes (pedialyte type) via a bottle if he will still suck.  If he will not suck either use a very small syringe to orally give him an ounce every 1/2 hour or if you know how to stomach tube give that way.  Would also give one 200 mcg selenium tablet crushed and dissolved in a little hot water and to that mix in all the oil from a 1000 vitamin D capsule and all the oil from a 1000 vitamin E capsule, mix well, cool and give orally. The selenium, E and D are all human type over the counter.  Would also give 1/4 teaspoon molasses added to electrolytes given orally each time to give energy.  

Is his mouth cold to touch? Let me know - you are also welcome to call me - 360-742-8310.  

If you have not given an intramuscular injection let me know and I will walk you through that.  Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County