Goats/sinus infection

I have several kids (5-6 months old) that have runny noses, coughing, no fever,  The discharge is milky white.  They cough more when they are at rest than running around. I have tried homeopathic remedies and even human sinus spry and it doesn't alleviate the problem.  This has lasted several months and I need to sell them, but hesitate because of the sinus problem.  There is no local vet that treats goats.  Can you give me any suggestions.  Thank you.

Do you have dusty hay or another dust that may be causing it? Some people use benadryl syrup for this kind of problem. The dosage is from 2-5 ml for kids. I would suggest trying that to see whether it makes a difference. You can also try echinacea or vitamin C. The author of the section on coughing goats in Goat Health Care recommends both.

Good luck on getting it cleared up.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law