Goats/anemic goat

Question
i have a anemic goat i saw where u said i could use the geratol iron liquid how much do u give to the goat ty

Answer
First of all you need to treat for what is causing the anemia.  This is usually liver fluke or the barber pole worm for which use of Safeguard oral horse wormer (fenbendazole) works well - you use three times the goat's weight to find the dosing on the plunger, place the lock on and give orally now and repeat at 7 days and again at 14 days (using same dosing).  Yes, I do use the Geritol liquid - I give twice the amount for a human dose for an adult goat.  If a kid goat or mini goat you can use same dosing as for a human.  Give twice a day for 5 days, then drop to once a day for 5 days and then every other day for 5 days - by this time the cause of the anemia is usually gone and as long as the goat is eating and drinking well you can stop the extra iron (too much iron can cause constipation so you need to watch for that while the goat is on the extra iron).  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres