Goats/CL

Question
i had a ques about the CL Vaccine. the bottle said to inject on the side of the neck. can i inject anywhere else beside the neck. and also is it worth it to give the CL Vaccin

Answer
Hi there - I don't give the CL vaccine.  I have heard good and bad results from it.  They want you to inject subcutaneously which is difficult on the side of the neck and also I never give injections subcu for any injection as it in itself can create abscesses.  I would go on the internet and take a look at the different reviews and info about the vaccine.  I would assume if the goat's immune system is good then the vaccine will take and do its job.  The cost of the vaccine, the secondary issue of most likely creating an abscess/lump at the injection site, the fact that at 14 days the goat must be revaccinated in order for the vaccine to take effect, and that you cannot use it on lactating goats, make it something that is a personal decision for folks.  Hope that helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres