Goats/Goats as pets

QUESTION: I have a male boer goat (no balls) and he is an amazing pet that is beautiful but I want to get another goat I want to introduce him to another friend. I have always wanted a miniature goat but I don't know how he will react to a new and small goat of a different breed, I am unsure of what breed I should get and how I should introduce them to each other. Thanks

ANSWER: How old is your Boer? Does he have horns? Was he bottle raised? Is he laid back in attitude or can he be aggressive?

The choice of another goat, no matter what breed or size depends on the answers to the above questions - let me know and I will get back to you with some ideas.  Thanks - Donna

QUESTION: Wow thank you for your reply!!
He was raised by bottle, he is about 2 and 1/2,  he has  medium sized horrns,  majority of the time I believe he is laid back but can be a bit pushy sometimes.  Your advice is appreciated :)

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately goats will be goats and there will most likely be some head butting when the new goat arrives.  Since your current goat has horns perhaps a goat with horns would at least have a bit more protection from getting hurt with the head butting, especially if you choose a smaller/mini goat.  It may take a few days for them to settle in with each other.  Hope that helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County