Goats/2 wk old baby goat

Question
I have a 2 wk old baby goat that was reject by momma and was brought to me to live. started it on goat milk and ringers and is doing great. but, her sister born before her is more active and jumps around and she trys to follow. when she jumps or runs 1 to 2 hrs later after bottle and sleeping her left front knee is swallon. Once she rests more and I put cool gel on it for inflamtion she is good to go.
Could this swelling of the joint be a strain or possible Rickets starting?

Answer
I would suspect joint I'll. do you know if her cord was dipped in iodine at birth? It could be injury. Is it warm? I would probably start her on procaine penicillin. If you want a vet to answer, there is a facebook page called goat vet corner that has volunteer vets to answer questions, FYI.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith