Goats/Nigi doe follow up

Question
Just following up w/ my little doe. She has not had a fever for 2 days now. Will be giving her 3rd dose of LA 300 this evening.  She is still not active. Just lays down most of the time. She does attempt to walk a bit when we take her out of pen but just hlds her back leg completely off ground. If u touch it, she yells. It does not feel warm at all but I do not know what to do. Is there something we can do to help it heal?  Will it heal?  Really feeling bad because we didnt know we were huring her w/ the needle!

Answer
Thanks for the update.  Is she otherwise drinking her milk, peeing and pooping okay.  You could hole off on that third dose and watch her - she may or may not need it - hard to say at this point.  You could keep her on oral tetracycline (livestock type - usually in the poultry section of the feed store) if you wanted to keep her on antibiotics for a bit longer. Not much you can do to help the muscle damage - you can continue giving her aspirin to help with pain and discomfort.  There is a homeopathic remedy for trauma to muscles and bones - called Arnica Montana - these remedies come in tiny pellets that are taken orally by people but for goats I usually dissolve in a little hot water, cool and give all of the mixture - you can give twice a day for a couple of days - this does help with healing.  For kid goats under about 15 pounds would use two pellets each time.  These are available at supplement/natural food stores - sometimes drug stores do carry them.  Would expect the muscle damage to start healing up in about 2 weeks time - at least not so much carrying the back leg.  Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres