Goats/Follow up on buck w/ diarrhea

Just following up. Just went out to administer iron to the one and pepto to the other. The one who seems to be recovery ok but still needs weight is now coughing. He also has a slight runny eye. Not sure what is going on now but what shpuld I do?

Hi there - thanks for the update.  The coughing could be from a pneumonia starting because of low immune system from other illness.  The slight runny eye can sometimes be just from a cold.  You could try children's benadryl to see if that helps with the cough (go by amount on directions via weight).  Is he running a fever? Is he eating and drinking?  Let me know - thanks - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County