Goats/Follow up on buck w/ diarrhea

Question
Just following up. Just went out to administer iron to the one and pepto to the other. The one who seems to be recovery ok but still needs weight is now coughing. He also has a slight runny eye. Not sure what is going on now but what shpuld I do?

Answer
Hi there - thanks for the update.  The coughing could be from a pneumonia starting because of low immune system from other illness.  The slight runny eye can sometimes be just from a cold.  You could try children's benadryl to see if that helps with the cough (go by amount on directions via weight).  Is he running a fever? Is he eating and drinking?  Let me know - thanks - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres