Goats/Goat tore off His Horn

Question
Hello,
Our buck Jethro managed to knock one of his horns off.  Yes, the sinus cavity is exposed, but oddly, there was nearly no blood.  We cleaned and bandaged the wound as you described in your blog about Oreo on your own site.  He's receiving injected antibiotics daily and he's confined in a safe pen where he can't do any more harm to himself.  

What now?  How long does such an injury take to heal?  HOW does it heal?  What should we be looking for?  Do you have any photos of Oreo while he's healing and once healed?

Thanks for posting your blog, and for being here for answering questions.  Finding detailed info on this injury (with sinus opening) is next to impossible!

Answer
HI Billie:
I sent an answer  via email yesterday..  Guess it must have gotten lost in cyberspace..
Oreo healed just fine although it did take quite a few months to completely heal, do not forget to give Jethro a tetanus antitoxin injection  as well as keeping a very close eye and smell on his opening..  _I added PennG to the actual wound as well as using PennG injections  once a day for a week - Any time you inject PennG make sure you pull back ion the plunger, you do not want to be in a vessel as it can be fatal gotten into the blood stream - and yes the antitoxin in in order even if he is up to date on his CDT  vaccines

Tetanus Antitoxin info http://goat-link.com/content/view/199/168/
PennG Info http://goat-link.com/content/view/194/168/

It heals from the inside out ..  the skin does end up covering the area.. I'm sorry about  no photos, my HD crashed  with those photos on it and I never uploaded to my website :( ALSO watch for the bandaging under the chin  as it can create a sore spot..  so change the bandaging often.. and check daily

Hope this helps.. if you have more questions please feel free to ask away.  

Goats

Goatlady