Goats/Vaginal discharge

I have a goat, Nigerian Dwarf, unk age, about 40 lbs, that was supposedly bred when purchased about 2 months ago.  She has had a slight vaginal discharge, white in color, off and on.  Today she has a heavy discharge and it smells awful. As in wash your hands 3 times to get the smell off.  She is eating like normal, so I am wondering if she has an infection.  I can't get in touch with my vet, so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Infection seems like a reasonable conclusion. I would take her temp to see whether she is developing a fever. And watch her closely. I tend not to give antibiotics unless I know there is an infection. What color is the discharge? I wonder if perhaps the fetus died. I would suggest continuing to try and reach your vet.  

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law