I have a baby(7 days) old pygmy goat that has had the runs for 3 days. She is currently on replacement formula as her mom would not take her. She was given to me as her keeper did not want her. I have never had a goat. Any help would be appreciated. I am located in Kentucky. She is urinating several times a day and is having bowel movements about 4 to 5 times a day. They are runny and yellow/brown/orange colored. She is running around and jumping. I have only given her pedialytle for human babies.Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Hi Angela -

I think this is due to the baby milk replacer formula you are using.  Or they used prior -

best way I can help is to show you my article on bottle feeding baby goats - it gives all the information you can read more thoroughly than I can explain here - http://goat-link.com/content/view/94/76/

This article is very complete -  if you have any questions please let me know.
ALSO look at this one, on scouring .. (poopy butt)

let me know if you have more questions..  this is the most effective way I can show you..  I don't want you to think I am not  explaining it to you here in an email :)  

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University