Goats/new born ... mom has no milk

any ideas on getting mom's milk to come in  ?  feeding baby with calf replacement  ............ going to tractor supply to see If they have colostrum ............ any other ideas would be great   thanks    steve

HI there - no calf replacement milk, needs to be multispecies or goat only.  Powdered goat colostrum or calf colostrum will work for first 24 hours of colostrum needs.  I take you have the kid goat in the house, nice and warm?  Use of a pritchard teat (at many feed/farm stores) for the nipple is best for kid goats.  You're welcome to give me a call if you need to ask an emergent question.  Let me know - Donna 360-742-8310

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County